25.8.11

August Love

This post is not exactly about food, but I did want to include some general things from my life in here as well, so here we go!



Who has been to the Minnesota State Fair? Well if you haven't, you are seriously missing out on a quintessential midwestern experience. I have been every year since I was born. We actually have an old photo of me as a baby sitting next to the state's largest prize-winning hog. I don't think I've gotten that close to a hog since then.... but the fair continues to be a great tradition. Food on a stick (I even found vegan options!), funny looking chickens, roller coasters, seed art...



and Johnny Depp look-alikes? Yes please.

Speaking of traditions, I've decided on a tradition for this blog. Near the end of every month, I'm going to do a wrap-up list of random little things that made me smile throughout the days. Hopefully they make you smile too!

So, here are a few of my favorite things from the month of August, food related and otherwise:

-This song. It is absolutely perfect for a summer road trip.

-This food blog. Cute and Delicious... the title says it all. I tried the orange muffin recipe a while back and it was one of the best muffins I've ever made.

-All of the My Drunk Kitchen episodes. She may not be able to cook for shit, but this girl is hilarious.

-The book Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl. It's a beautiful memoir about the way food can play a role in one's life. it can bring people together, tear them apart and teach them who they are. I recommend it to anyone, even if you're not a hard-core foodie.

-This song too... it's my guilty pleasure. It's just sooo catchy.

-Mad Men. I just discovered this TV show and I am in love. I secretly wish I lived in the 1950s... or at least that people still dressed like that.

-Any recipe that uses fresh fruit. I've just been craving it lately!

That's all for now! Let me know how you feel about having posts like this mixed in with the recipes and such. Being new at this, I'm still deciding what exactly my content should be. If anyone has any ideas please leave a comment!

New recipes and photos coming soon... stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that Johnny Depp impersonator is my friend, Brenden. He does this as a side job, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hilarious! What a crazy coincidence, haha.

      Delete