21.1.12

Puffy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies



This weekend I'm really excited to take a little break from my internship and visit my cousin in Berkley. I've never been to the area before, but I can't wait to check it out! I'll be there for three days, then I work for one more week, and then it is back to cold and dreary Ohio... boo. At least I'm looking forward to seeing friends again and starting up some good classes for the semester! More about all of that later. Time to talk about cookies.

I actually made these cookies while I was at home. My dad is a peanut butter fanatic, so I like to make at least one treat for him while I'm in town. These have the consistency of a fluffier shortbread and are full of delicious peanut butter-y flavor, but of course my dad still insisted on eating them with some extra peanut butter smeared on top :)



Puffy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe adapted from Just Everyday Me)

makes about 2 dozen cookies

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup earth balance
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp sugar
1 eggs worth of egg replacer
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat your oven to 350ยบ and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Prep your egg replacer.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder and baking soda. In a medium bowl, cream together the earth balance and sugars. Then add in the peanut butter. Once that is fluffy, add the egg replacer and vanilla.
3. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and combine. You may want to use your hands so thats it's not too crumbly. Roll smallish pieces of dough into balls and form them into mounds on the cookie sheet.
4. Bake for about 10-12 minutes- do not over-bake or they will get too hard! Let cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy.



These cookies are especially yummy dipped into my favorite kind of tea.


Have a great weekend! If you have nothing else to do, bake these. You will not be disappointed. 

6 comments:

  1. Somehow these cookies have personalities in these photos-- they look animated! And delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad must be a smart man: to have such a brilliant daughter, and to love peanut butter so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These cookies look scrumptious. What kind of egg replacer do you use? Or is that a brand? I don't bake vegan too often so I need a little help with this sorta stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a brand called Ener-G Egg Replacer that works really well! I would highly recommend it, especially to maintain the texture of these cookies. However, if you don't want to buy a new product, here is a pretty efficient list of other ways to replace eggs: http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/egg-replacements.aspx. I hope that helps! Replacing eggs is definitely the trickiest part of vegan baking.

      Delete
  4. Your dad obviously has excellent taste. The cookies look delicious! I could easily have three with a mug of tea. Mmm, heavenly.
    Hope you have a lovely visit with your cousin. Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Obviously he does, peanut butter is the best!

      Delete