16.8.12

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes


Wait just a minute. Where in the world did this summer go? I feel like it was just two days ago that I was starting my hostessing job and unpacking all of my college things. Now suddenly it's the middle of August and I am leaving for Europe in exactly three weeks. Whoa.


I always begin the summer with a list of things I want to do. Usually by the end, I have only checked off about three of those things, but done a million other things that were not on the list in the first place. While I did not go kayaking (yet), go camping, or salsa dance (again, there's still time...), I did go to Chicago twice, I went to see a movie in the park, ate at new restaurants in Minneapolis, and made new friends through my job. Summers always have their ups and downs, but overall this one has been pretty successful.

One thing on my list that I didn't quite accomplish was to "frequently sit on the back porch and drink lemonade." I sat on the back porch a lot, but I tended to drink cup after cup of coffee instead. To make up for my lack of actual lemonade, I decided to make lemonade cupcakes and throw in some strawberries, because strawberry lemonade was always my favorite.


These cupcakes are light and fluffy and perfectly sweet. They are a great farewell-to-summer dessert, reminiscent of lemonade stands and picnic lunches on the beach. You can get the recipe from my post on One Green Planet!



Do you ever make summer to-do lists? They are great in theory, but a little more difficult in execution. It's funny how sidetracked life can get you!

9 comments:

  1. These look adorable. I love colored sanding sugars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty and summery! I love your pictures, they are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous18.8.12

    I want to make these for my friend's birthday, but can't use soy milk. Do you know if almond/rice milk have the same reaction to vinegar? I've never made anything curdle on purpose before...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure almond milk will have the same reaction, but I don't think that rice milk does. Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete
  4. wow these look heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look just delicious. :)I know I'd like these ones.

    ReplyDelete